This document contains step-by-step instructions on how to enter and link data for EPA/U.S. Customs cases (HQ Mobile Air cases where EPA refers the case to U.S. Customs).
(See attached document)
Step-By-Step Instructions for Entering Record Date for Formal Import Compliance Determination
Steps for Linking Compliance Determination to Existing Enforcement Action
1. First, you will need to add a Compliance Determination. To do this, click on “Federal Enforcement and Compliance” on the ICIS main page. On the ICIS home page, click “Add Compliance Determination” under the blue “Compliance Determination” heading.
2. On the top right corner, click the “Facilities” button.
3. Search for a facility by entering the facility name, programmatic ID, or by another search criteria. Click “Next”.
4. Choose the correct facility from the search results but clicking the radio button. Click “Next”. On the next screen, click the radio button once again for the desired facility. Click “Next”.
5. On the Compliance Determination screen, enter the appropriate Compliance Determination Name.
6. From the Compliance Determination Type drop-down menu, select “Case Screening”.
7. From the scroll down menu, select the appropriate Region.
8. From the Status Type scroll down menu, select “Active”.
9. On the right hand side, in the Compliance Determination Description text box, type in the appropriate Statute and Law Section. The Statute will be CAA. The Law section numbers involved in these actions will usually be 213 or 203, but could also be 202, 208 or 219. Add “for Formal Import Compliance Determination” to the Statute and Law Section, like so:
(See attachment below)
10. In the Compliance Determination Date Field, type in the date of the Compliance Determination or select the date by clicking the Calendar to the right.
Note: Although this is not a required field in ICIS, the entry of this date is required for the purposes of data entry for U.S. Customs cases.
11. Click Save and Exit. This will take you back to the homepage.
12. Click “Search Enforcement Actions” under the blue Enforcement Actions heading.
13. Search for the Enforcement Action that you wish to link to the newly created Compliance Determination. From the list of search results, click on the appropriate Enforcement Action ID.
14. Click on “Related Activities”.
15. On the top right, click “Link Activity”
16. Select the appropriate facility from the scroll-down menu “Select Facility”.
17. Select “Compliance Determination” from the scroll down menu “Select Activity Type”.
18. Click the “Search” Button.
19. The Compliance Determination you recently created should appear in the Search Activity Results. Click the radio button for desired Compliance Determination record.
20. Click “Link Activity”. You may exit.
Steps for Linking Compliance Determination to New Enforcement Action
1. On the ICIS homepage, under the blue heading “Enforcement Actions”, click on “Add Administrative Formal: Federal”.
2. Enter an “Enforcement Action Identifier” and “Enforcement Action Name” in the respective fields.
3. For the “Agency Leads Indicator” field, select “Other Federal” in the drop-down menu.
4. For the “Enforcement Agency Type” field, select “Other Federal” in the scroll-down menu.
5. Type “U.S. Customs” in the “Enforcement Agency Name” field.
6. Select “EPA/Customs Import Enforcement Action” for “Enforcement Action Type”.
7. Click Next.
8. On the top right corner, click “Facilities”.
9. Search for a facility to link to the new Enforcement Action.
10. Select the appropriate facility by clicking the radio button. Click “Next”. Click on the radio button for the desired facility again. Click “Next”.
11. On the top right corner, click “Manage Contact”. Enter the search criteria for the appropriate contact. Click “Next”. Select the appropriate contact record by clicking the radio button. Click “Next”.
12. Enter all of the necessary and required data in the new Enforcement Action:
a. On the “Basic Info” screen of the Final Order tab, select “EPA/Customs Import Enforcement Actions” for “Type”.
b. Under the Milestones Tab, the Enforcement Action Resolution Type selected must be “FAPO with Penalty”
c. The Final Order must have the penalty recorded under “Penalty Required”.
13. Click on “Related Activities”.
14. On the top right, click “Link Activity”
15. Select the appropriate facility from the scroll-down menu “Select Facility”.
16. Select “Compliance Determination” from the scroll down menu “Select Activity Type”.
17. Click the “Search” Button.
18. The Compliance Determination you recently created should appear in the Search Activity Results. Click the radio button for desired Compliance Determination record.
19. Click “Link Activity”. You may exit.