TSCA lead based paint compliance action amounts should be reported as follows:
- Unit: "Multi-Family Housing Units" or "Single Family Housing Units"*,
- Media Affected: Schools/Housing/Buildings,
- Pollutant: lead paint.
*When to use Multi-family versus Single-family housing units:
- Use "Multi-Family Housing Units" if the amount is the number of apartments affected in an apartment building (or the number of condos in a condominium, etc.).
- Use "Single Family Housing Units" if the amount is the number of single-family, stand alone houses.
Note: Since "Single Family Housing Units" represents the number of single-family, stand alone houses one would expect amounts with this unit to be relatively small compared to amounts with the unit "Multi-Family Housing Units." Therefore, large amounts that are entered into ICIS associated with "Single Family Housing Units" should be reviewed by the appropriate staff in the Region for accuracy.
TSCA lead based paint SEP amounts should be reported as follows:
- On the SEP screen for TSCA lead based paint cases "Building Units" is also available as a unit,
- However, if the information is known, please report SEP amounts using either "Multi-Family Housing Units" or "Single Family Housing Units" as described above.
- If you do not know the number of apartments affected (multi-family housing units) or the number of single-family houses (single family housing units) then use "Building Units" to represent the number of apartment buildings affected. In addition, in the SEP description, please describe what the amount you report represents.
- Finally, in cases where housing units/schools/buildings are already reported as being protected in the complying action results of a case, these same housing units/schools/buildings should not also be reported with the SEP to avoid double counting.