Certifying and Reporting Lodged Big Cases
The OECA front office has requested that OC include current lodged case information with FY 12 Annual Results. Although this is not a new ICIS data entry requirement, FY 12 will be the first year that EPA will certify and report this information to the public.
What is Required
- Regions will enter into ICIS the penalty, injunctive relief, and environmental benefit amounts for the FY 12 lodged cases that meet the Big Case criteria. The regions should use the penalty, injunctive relief/complying action ICIS screens to report the lodged case information with a lodged milestone date--- not the Big Case screen.
- At EOY FY 12, regions will certify to the penalty, injunctive relief, and environmental benefits for FY 12 Lodged cases that meet the Big Case criteria.
- For EOY Annual Results, OC will report the penalty, injunctive relief, and environmental benefits for FY 12 lodged cases that meet the Big Case criteria. This information will be included on OECA’s Annual Results website.
ICIS Reports that Capture Lodged Case Information
There is no single ICIS report that captures all of the lodged case data.
- The ICIS "Top Concluded and Lodged Cases" report captures lodged cases with penalty and injunctive relief outcomes. The detail tabs in this report lists the cases from biggest value to smallest value (see page 7, B.1. for additional information).
- The ICIS "Direct and Preventative Environmental Benefits Report" captures lodged cases with environmental benefit outcomes.
- CERCLIS PRP and Cost Recovery data will be captured in the “Enforcement 1” Report.
These ICIS reports include all of the lodged cases with outcome results, not just the lodged cases meeting the Big Case criteria. However, regions will only be certifying to the lodged Big Case values and amounts.